Wednesday, August 20, 2008

TAGGED!

My friend Becky tagged me...Enjoy!

8 Things I am Passionate About:
Jesus
The Village Church
My family
Mary Kay
Ministering to women
Adult Third Culture Kids
Praying for others
Travel


8 Books I Have Read and Enjoyed:
To hold me to 8 here is almost cruel..
All of “In Death” Series by J.D. Robb (that in itself is more than 8)
Anne of Green Gables
Speechless
Fresh Faith
A Woman’s call to prayer
The Hour Game
A Year of Living Bibilically
Bobo’s in Paradise



8 Words/Phrases I Say Often:
Praise the Lord!
That’s HI-La-rI-ous!
Paddington, NO!
Do you have a quick minute?
Can I ask you a crazy question?
Thank you, Mary Kay!
I need coffee
Meighan Girgus’ office this is Amanda



8 Things I Want to do Before I Die… (In no particular order):
See my lifelong friends come to know Jesus
Become a MK director (ok this before Nov. 30)
Publish something
Sell a photography book
Take a photography class
Sky Dive
Return to Africa to live
See all 7 continents (4 down, 3 to go)

8 Things I Learned This Past Year:
Mentors attract survivors….rescuers attract victims
Sometimes losing a friend is the best thing for both of you.
Sometimes you have to say “no” to good things, to get the best.
RUN from negativity (people, news, etc)
The difference between a worthless uncut diamond and priceless beauty is “work”
You are known by your past, or your possibilities….it is your choice.
The great things about dreams is they have no time or language barriers.
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated.
You cannot stuff a great life into a small dream. In order to dream and have a great life, you must be motivated by the possibility of the not yet reality, and motivated by the future.

Eight People I want to Tag:
Shital
MC
K
Natalie
Amy
Pamelamb
DRC
Kate

1 comment:

Pamelamb7 said...

I love the things you learned! Very insightful. I'll post my response soon! Hope you are doing well. Love!