Monday, October 09, 2006

CHECK, CHECK,CHECK

I am gaining weight inappropriately - Check
I'm unable to lose weight with diet/exercise - Check
I have hypothermia/low body temperature - Check
I feel fatigued, exhausted - Check, check
Feeling run down, sluggish, lethargic - Check, check, check
My skin is coarse, dry, scaly - Check
I have puffiness and swelling around the eyes and face - Check
I have pains, aches in joints, hands and feet - CHECK!!
I have female issues no one wants to know about - Check
I feel depressed - Check
I feel restless - Check
My moods change easily CHECK!- check...CH!$#CK!!!
I have feelings of worthlessness -Check!
I have difficulty concentrating - Check!
I have more feelings of sadness - Check!
I seem to be losing interest in normal daily activities - Check!
I'm more forgetful lately - Check!

Ok, see this beautiful list? "What is it?" you ask. This the list of every symptom that I have made excuses for in the past 2 months. "Of course, I am tired and discombobulated I just made a major move in 3 days." "My skin is so dry since moving to Dallas." "I am feeling sad because I just moved and am in "transition"." "I must workout more and harder, I cannot lose this weight and I will not buy bigger clothes!!"
Let's not even get into the "feelings of worthlessness" issue.

Yesterday after crying myself to sleep in the middle of the afternoon for the 3rd day in a row, I finally thought....'Wait! I'll bet my meds are off!' So, now to find a new doctor in this land of OZ that I seem to be living in and come back to the Amanda that we all know and - hopefully - love!

Body chemistry is a horrible thing!

No comments: