Tuesday, October 24, 2006

10 Days.....

6 hours, 20 minutes, 10 seconds....9....8....7....6....5...4...
Oh yea....definitely on a countdown!

Quick update for those who keep asking for one!! :-)

I went to the doctor last Monday and he did the blood work thing and upped my meds for my thyroid. And not too soon....the rest of the week was not a fun week with all the symptoms. But what to do? As they say in Africa...can't bring life to a stop. Praising God that His strength is perfect...as I had none! I should start seeing improvement in 4 to 6 weeks...lovely!

Brothers....
Health is pretty much the same.

Family...
We are so excited to be together....did I mention....10 days...5 hours....35 minutes....30 seconds....29....28....27....26.

Made a quick trip to Houston this past weekend....nothing went as planned....but I got to spend time with those I love.....so I was happy. For those I missed out on....I love you anyway....I do miss you and will make you part of my next trip, I promise.

I came home yesterday to a traditional Kenyan meal, and just polished of Ugali and Sukuma leftovers for lunch....oh the bliss of living with an African!!

Work continues to be exciting for me. I am learning so much, and am so thankful for the resources. I was able to put together a re-entry manual for my brother's homecoming, and for my family. Received well and with great thanks by some, others....well...I am sort of used to their behavior/attitude towards my life....so my life can move on without them....as per usual.

I thank the Lord daily for the non-blood family He has put in my life. I could not make it without your constant love, support, prayers, encouragement, admonition and exhortation. What would I do without you?!?

This blog has taken way to long to write as I am composing in between . I promise to update with something fun and interesting to read soon.

Ok now only 10 days....4 hours....50 minutes....15 seconds....14.....13....12....11....

No comments: