Sunday, June 13, 2010

How is it that I pursue Him?

Tonight I was thinking about someone who has tried to pursue me for years. He constantly declares his love for me and yet consistently pursues me in ways that do not interest me at all. As I thought about him, I wrote down these words.

You don't love me - you simply love the thought of who you want for me to be.
That is who you pursue - the version of me that you have in your head.
If you truly loved me, you would put aside all your ideas of how to love me and actually get to know who I really am. Then in that knowing you would know how to pursue after me.

Then my pen stopped.....my hand faltered.....I realized what I was saying and yet who was really saying it to me....

And God whispered....'That's what I've been trying to tell you.'

No comments: