Monday, June 07, 2010

Deals and Steals. ;-)

This weekend I decided to make some headway on some redecorating I want to do. However I am on a very very strict budget so all things had to be either found a thrift store for the right price...or things I already own needed to be re-purposed.

Deals:
One wing chair in perfect condition.
Price $54.99 on sale for 30% off...final price $38.50!
...found at my favorite thrift store...St. Vincent's. This store is always clean and organized and full of fun little treasures. Plus it has a little prayer room in case you need to do some soul searching while you are shopping. I actually spent sometime in prayer there this weekend.
The biggest adventure of the chair was fitting it into mini Bobbi and getting safely home.
Driving like a turtle down side streets - back was tied down with twine and shoelace.

Got it home and safely up the stairs.
Next was the big wall behind my desk. I was bored with the current frames that were just hanging there....so I went around my house and into my storage and got all of the frames that I owned and laid them out in a pattern on the floor.
Then after letting my neighbor know I was going to be banging on the wall all day long....I very purposefully and carefully hung this fun design! :-)
Steal: I found two frames on clearance at JoAnn Fabrics. Originally $24.99 - rang up at $.97 each!!
Then my most favorite re purposing...that still needs a bit of work...
Deal: package of ring hooks at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $7.99.
I took a red & gold Indian sari I've had for years....and attached my current curtains to the back of it (for some backing - with my western facing window I need dark curtains!).
Voila!
New pretty red silk curtains!
They need to be ironed and hemmed...but they are up!
That was my weekend of re-purposing.....my cat really got into it....he decided to re-purpose himself as a statue....as you can see he is versatile.
Statue version one.
Statue version two.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!! Great job!! You have me wanting to treasure hunt at a thrift store now LOL

Laura Elizabeth said...

I LOVE all of this!!! Especially those frames on the wall! Girl I'm so proud. I need to check out St Vincents. So fun! Thanks for the info!

Tigpan said...

@Kandy...it is so much fun..even if you don't actually buy anything.

@Laura We can head to St. Vincents anytime....so fun!