Monday, June 14, 2010

30 day Journal Challenge


I have always loved the thought of a journal.
I remember as a child deciding I was going to write one, but thought my life was too boring so I made up stories about my life to put in it. I've also written letters to boys that I was just so sure I needed to have in my life (I guess better to have journaled them than sent them!), and I have also written many, many prayers. I love to look back at those journals of prayer and see where God moved, where I was trying to impress God with my fancy words - as if that was even possible - and best of all...where my heart was changed by Him, prayers were answered and where I stepped aside to let the God of creation do His mighty work.
So recently I was put onto a 30 day journal challenge. It starts today.....you can do it too - it's not too late. Just head over to this blog (or click on the link on the right of my page) and pick up your journal prompt for the day.
Ok I'm off to accept my first assignment and then to work. Have a happy day peeps!

2 comments:

laura elizabeth said...

This little journal challenge is challenging me....I'm so awful at this sort of creativity. So glad you're doing it too!! I hope you're enjoying it!! :)

Tigpan said...

ha! Talk about challenging - we are into day 2 and I just now found the Journal I want to use! In fairness I did find out about it about 30 minutes before she posted the first Prompt. I'll catch up.
I am also awful at this sort of creativity...and intimidated by those that are good at it. (i.e. the girl that cut out some pages, made copies of fabric, and inserted those pages to make it pretty) OMGEEEE! Not going to happen in my house! ha!