Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jesus YOU be lifted High

I think sometimes the greatest thing that comes from God working in my life is not necessarily the process.
When he has to dig out roots of weeds of doubt, fear, bitterness, and anger that have had years to grow deep, it does not feel good. When I have to face feelings of being unloved, and abandoned and simply unworthy...I also have to face the reasons behind those. Some of those are memories that I don't really care to dredge back up but have to be brought out so they can be purged and burned up in the Refiner's fire.
That weeding, purging and burning up, is not comfortable. Sometimes it is more painful than I imagine that I can bear. However, what I am finding is the beauty of the joy that is within that pain. There is Hope, Restoration, Joy, Peace that goes far beyond what can be explained or imagined.
My desire is to go deeper, to know Him more intimately, to lift Him high as I am brought low.
The words of the song Be Lifted High by Michael W. Smith have resonated over and over and over again in my heart this week.

Sin and its ways grow old
All of my heart turns to stone
And I'm left with no strength to arise
How You need to be lifted high

Sin and its ways lead to pain
Left here with hurt and with shame
So no longer will I leave your side
Jesus, you be lifted high


You be lifted high
You be lifted high
You be lifted high in my life
Oh God
And I fall to my knees
So it's you that they see
Not I

Jesus, you be lifted high

And even now that I'm inside your hands
Help me not to grow prideful again
Don't let me forsake sacrifice
Jesus you be lifted high

And if I'm blessed with the riches of kings
How could I ever think that it was me
For you brought me from darkness to light
Jesus, you be lifted high


You be lifted high
You be lifted high
You be lifted high in my life
Oh God
And I fall to my knees
So it's you that they see
Not I
Jesus, you'll be lifted high

Oh Jesus, you be lifted high
Oh you be lifted high
Oh you be lifted high in my life
Oh God
And I fall to my knees
So it's you that they see
Not I
Jesus, you be lifted high

No comments: