Thursday, August 17, 2006

Our Plans

****WARNING FULL SARCASM ON DISPLAY IN THE 1ST SECTION OF THIS BLOG*****
**Also please note that some scriptural dialog is the New Amanda Version (NAV) **

What gives us the audacity to think that we need to "help God out"? I really don't think that God is on His throne saying "So, I created the universe and all that is in it, but I am really not sure what I am going to do if you don't help Me with your life."
And why is it that we as humans think we have to come up with a "plan" for our lives?? Especially those of us who are believers in Christ. Please show me one person in the Bible whose own plan worked out? Let me just save you the time and trouble as I have already done it.....NONE OF THEM!!

Let's start at the beginning, shall we?

Adam and Eve - eat the fruit and find out all the things God knew, that they didn't - great plan...now man has to work and woman has monthly pain...thanks guys...great plan!

Cain...hmm..."Soooo, not fair! My brother getting more attention than I am....I'll kill him"....and we have our 1st murder! NICE!

Noah....do you think it was in his 5 year plan to build a boat as large as two football fields....as football had not yet been invented...I don't think so....God told him to do it, and that is why it worked!

Tower of Babel....yeah, here is a good idea...."Hey guys, we had this flood that covered our entire existence as we know it...including the mountains...so let's build a tower taller than a mountain so we can live in it and outsmart God"....the result.....foreign language requirements in college...again...thanks guys!

Abraham....now here is a fabulous guy....God said "pack up"...so he did....God said "go, I'll tell you where to stop"...so he did....God said "don't take anyone with you"....ooops.....there was Lot...what a pest he was....but fine, God worked through that one....God said "I will make you the father of many nations." Abraham said..."Uh Lord, my wife is old, so let me "help you out". 2000 plus years later...the families are still fighting...have you watched Fox News lately?

Moses...God said...."SPEAK to the rock"....Moses said..."I am so freaking tired of these whiners" and HIT the rock...result....gets to see promise land, and then die before actually going there.

Children of Israel....now here is a fine example of morons trying to do it there way....40 years people....take a hint....just trust!!

Need more proof?
Ok fine...David....here is man after God's own heart....his plan....stay home and get frisky with Bathsheba....oh dear, will these guys never learn?

I will not even get started in the Major and Minor Prophets.

The New Testament continues in similar fashion.
We have Peter who could NOT keep his mouth shut...and let's not forget lopping off an ear.
Judas...30 pieces of silver and one suicide later.
Saul kills people.
Pharisees and Saducees - nuf said.
Ananias and Sapphira - the ever generous liars of the bunch...DEAD.
ETC, ETC, ETC.

Let me stop here and say this....I am not judging any of these people...hindsight is totally 20/20. If I had been there...I probably would have done the same thing or worse. I certainly have my own list of making my own plans examples I could list on this page.

So what is my point here?
In Jeremiah 29:11 the Word says -

“For I (meaning God) know the plans I (God again) have for you, says the Lord.
They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek ME. I will be found by you, says the Lord. I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land.”

Take a quick look at those words again....do you see anywhere that God says..."with your help" or "if you do this and this and this" or "go ahead and make your own plans then if I think they are good enough I'll help you" The answer is a resounding “NO!”

The Lord says..."I have a plan for YOU." I created you with a purpose in mind and a dream to fullfil. The only instructions given to us in those verses are Pray, Seek me in earnest. I looked up that word "earnest" it means with purposeful and sincere intent. That is it...seek HIM with a purposeful and sincere heart and He will end the captivity, restore the fortunes and let me go home!!

So to my point. Right here and now I am going to tell you my plan.
It is to pray, that God will be right there leading me as He knows the master plan anyway.
It is to seek Him in earnest, knowing that He alone knows the end of the story and that is what He has asked me to do.
I am trusting that "His faithful promises are my armor and protection." (Ps.91)

I promise that when I know what I am going to do…you will know...I LOVE each one of you and am so incredibly thankful for all the love that you are sending my way.

This I know to be true...that no matter what God works through even the dumbest of human plans....so there is hope for me!

I mean after all, God did get all those animals on the ship...using Noah.
God brought forth an incredible nation....using Abraham.
God got his children to the land of promise....using Moses.
God did teach us forgiveness....using Peter.
God brought His Grace to the gentiles...using Paul.
ETC, ETC, ETC.

No comments: