Monday, July 17, 2006

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!!

Yesterday marked my one year in MK. I got to celebrate, by MC-ing (is that a word) the debut/grand opening of my Brooke's Mary Kay journey.

Hard to believe that a little over a year ago, my dear friend Sara Wallace, called me to announce her own entry into this amazing company and I, being the amazing supporter that I am....laughed at her!

A few weeks later after time and research I also signed my contract, and what a journey I started on!!

A company that was founded on the Golden Rule, that puts God 1st, family 2nd and career 3rd. Exactly how life should be. What other company can you think of that does this?? Mary Kay's vision 43 years ago was a pioneering one in a world where men dominated the sales force and where women would never make it past an administrative position.

Her dream was to have a company where God would reign and women would NEVER have to choose between raising their children and making ends meet.

43 years later....Mary Kay, Inc. has more women making 6 figures than any other company in the world, their car fleet is larger than the US government, and with 1.6 million consultants worldwide they are enriching the lives of women one face at a time. Helping women to believe in themselves. Sounds cheesy I know, but I can personally testify that my life has been changed. I am able to encorporate this business with my ministry. I am able to be a part of and touch lives that I would NEVER have encountered had I not signed that initial contract.

The money, prizes and recognition, they are really just fluff, compared to the friends I have made, the lives I have encountered and the people who touch my life daily and make a difference in who I am today.

My customers and sister consultants, not forgetting to mention my amazing Godly directors....who read this....thanks! You make the journey worth it!

A word of wisdom from the amazing softspoken pioneer....(check out her acheivements!!)

"Do you know that within your power lies every step you ever dreamed of stepping, and within your power lies every joy you ever dreamed of seeing? Within yourself lies everything you ever dreamed of being. Become everything that God wants you to be. It is within your reach. Dare to grow into your dreams and claim this as your motto: Let it be me." -Mary Kay ASH

No comments: