Friday, March 31, 2006

What God showed me this morning.....

I am reading through I Kings. I love the old testiment once you get past all the laws and begats. :) With all that has been going on in my life, I have been crying out to God, waiting for a big booming voice to answer....

Elijah has just totally owned the prophets of Baal by pouring water all over his sacrifice and having it consumed by fire. He has had one victory after the other....mountain tops if you will....then he gets word that Jezebel wants to kill him and he cowers, runs, and hides.

God finds him hiding in a cave (not that God had to look HE knew right where he was) and said "What are you doing hiding in this cave?" (amanda's paraphrase) to which Elijah answered, "No body likes me, every body hates me, guess I'll go eat worms....all I did was do what YOU told me too God." (again amanda's paraphrase) Then God says go stand out there on the mountain I've got something to say.....

I Kings 19:11, 12 " A hurricane wind ripped through the mountains and shattered the rocks before GOD, but GOD wasn't to be found in the wind; after the wind an earthquake, but GOD wasn't in the earthquake; and after the earthquake fire, but GOD wasn't in the fire; and after the fire a gentle and quiet whisper.

My storms have come and gone, now I quietly wait for a whisper.

No comments: