Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Seriously Blessed

This should be posted dated 2/26/06 :)
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is as opposed to mildly blessed!
I have just spent the last week of my life inflicted with what is commonly known as the common cold.
When you have a cold you are seriously ill!
I just love it when people say "It is just a cold." Do you realize that this contagious viral infection of the upper respiratory tract is the most common infectious disease in the United States??
Just a cold they say.but do you realize that "just a cold" has about 5 hundred million billion remedies? Ok so that may be slightly "ministerialy speaking" as they say. But from the moment that I had the first symptom of sore throat I received more advice in a week, than I have received in over a year.
-drink hot liquids
-drink cold liquids
-eat
-starve
-gargle with salt water (who came up with this nasty remedy works unfortunately-but gross!)
-Vitamin C
-Citrus
-Rice Pudding with Cinnamon
- Nyquil from those who ironically don't believe in the drinking of alcohol
-Hot Toddy- from those that do! J
-Hot Showers to steam it out
- Stay indoors with all windows shut (yes so germs can recirculate, brilliant!)
-Go outside (soak in the sunmuch better idea)
-Don't drink milk (yes this is for real advise, but linked to a myth)
On and on and on and on it can go with one remedy totally discrediting the other. When, in reality.only time, naps, and lots of liquids can actually heal a cold.

But in the midst of my being pretty much homebound with this nasty infectious disease, I was able to gather up some incredible thoughts.
I AM BLESSED!! I mean not just in a generic thought that most people have, but SERIOUSLY blessed.
On an average day I..
-Wake up.blessing #1
-Eat..blessing #2
-freely read my Bible..Blessing#3
-check my email.blessing# 4
-feed my Myspace addictionblessing#5
-listen to music.Blessing #6
-have access to indoor plumbing facilitiesblessing #7
-talk to friends and family.-blessing#8
-am able to enjoy creation with all 5 of my sensesblessing #9
-breathe in and outblessing#10

On and On I could go..if you are in my life in any way, you are a part of my blessing. Thank you so much for being a part of what God has purposed for me! I look forward to the week ahead finding new mercy and a new blessing in every day.
Love you!

1 comment:

Candy said...

Tig,
I love your philosophic take on the common cold. And again, I'm sorry for passing it to you. If you can sit back while in the clutches of that illness and count your blessings, my hat is off to you. But then, that's probably why you're my friend. You are a positive to my negative.
LOL,
C.