Friday, December 28, 2007

From North Carolina

Hello all,

I have not fallen off the face of the planet I promise! The last few weeks at work have been hectic, hectic, hectic. My sweet boss has had so many trips back and forth and my job is just to get her ready and go. :-)

The first week of december my dad and I talked and decided that financially it was just not a wise thing for me to head over to Bots for Christmas. The ticket would have been 3x's what it normally is and though it would have been nice, we just felt it was not great stewardship of God's resources.

So last saturday morning, I got up before the sun and drove from Dallas to Nashville. It was a long drive with an hour stuck in traffic with the car turned off and talking on the phone. But I made it safely to my sweet friend Annie's home. We have been friends since our childhood in Kenya, living a good portion of that childhood side by side, so any time spent with her is a special gift.

I got up on Sunday morning (though I did let the sun get up before me this time) and continued my trek to Burlington, North Carolina where my aunt and uncle (on my dad's side) reside. My granny had already been there for a few days, so it was a great reunion.

Christmas Day was great! My cousin showed up from a long trek himself and we all had a great time together.

The AHA gives us an entire week of for Christmas so I have stayed on here and enjoyed spending time with my aunt (discovering just how alike we are is fun and sometimes scary) and granny.

I leave tomorrow morning back to Nashville, where I will see the New Year in with my Annie girl....I can't wait!

Hope that your Christmas season has been just as wonderfully blessed as mine!
Love to all!!

See you in the New Year!


No comments: