Sunday, January 28, 2007

Overwhelming Grace

I just read the blog entitled "My God, Why?", by R. G Lewis, a missionary man of long time aquaintance.

I have recently been struggling with this same question myself. I found myself in the second chapter of Ruth, where Boaz says to her "May the God who has already given you refuge, bless you." (my paraphrase.)

My question was this. Why would God bless me more when He has already given me refuge? The refuge in and of itself is already more than I could ever hope to deserve.

For my ministry raised, Christian world mind, the answer was "obviously" GRACE. But to my forgiven sinner heart, I was once again brought back to a profound humbleness that can only be found when faced with the TRUTH of HIS love.

1 comment:

RG Lewis said...

To be aware of His goodness and appreciate His favor, is perhaps a part of our worship to Him.