Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Magic of Africa

I was thinking today about the magic of Africa. I often tell people before they embark upon a journey to that wonderful continent, that I must give them a warning…..if you go…you must be prepared to leave a piece of your heart there and you will never be whole again. Africa captures one in such a way that the only way they can fill the void brought on by being there is to go back again and again. It is part of the magic of Africa, and can be experienced really no where else on the planet. Ask others who have been anywhere in Africa….they will tell you it is true!


3 comments:

twiga92 said...

This is sooo true!! Even though I only lived in Kenya for 2 years, Africa will always be a part of me.

Anonymous said...

Sorry - I've been there and can't the same at all!! Maybe it's b/c I didn't live there;-)

Tigpan said...

Your heart beats elsewhere mrslancetofrance. :-) Also you are the first that I have ever had not agree with me. A point I find very interesting. I must chat with you more about your experience there.